he year 1912 saw the addition of a new roller coaster named the Leap the Dips. The ride was designed by Erwin Vettel and built on the bayside of the resort on the approximate site of the Blue Streak roller coaster. The Harton Company ran the seventy-foot-high ride, which prospered in its years of operation. In the summer of 1913, Knute Rockne and Gus Dorais, two University of Notre Dame students, worked at the resort as lifeguards. When not working, the two worked on perfecting the football forward pass. Knute Rockne later became a famous football coach at the University and would send his team to Cedar Point to practice as well as work. The seven-mile-long Chaussee was built in 1914 and connected Cedar Point to the mainland with a road. The Chaussee entrance was later moved in 1920 due to severe storms, which had wrecked the old road. The peaceful Cedars Hotel opened in 1915, incorporating the three structures of the White House Hotel on the bayside of the resort. The 270-room hotel also had a cafeteria and public rooms with cozy corners that were graced with Tiffany stained glass windows and wicker furniture. The hotel itself exists today between the WildCat roller coaster and the perimeter road as a dormitory for seasonal workers. The Dip the Dips Scenic Railway was converted into the Leap Frog Railway in 1918. Using part of the original ride, the Leap Frog reached a height of seventy feet and was built at a cost of $45,000. The station of the ride was built next to the Marble Palace and was said to be the longest and largest scenic railway in America, costing ten cents to ride. During Prohibition, Cedar Point suffered a great loss of income when the law banned alcoholic beverages. The Crystal Rock Castle, which dispensed alcohol before Prohibition, was converted into the Ye Old Castle Grill. Also the Rathskeller in the Coliseum dispensed soft drinks instead of alcohol. Even with this difficult situation, the park pulled through and even prospered. During the 1920's, the Amusement Circle section of the resort increased in popularity. Many new additions were made on the midway with some of the older attractions removed and replaced with more modern ones. In 1924, a section of rides for children was added to the midway. The Bon Air wing of the Hotel Breakers was erected to the north side of the hotel in 1925. This 160-room wing remains today, dwarfed the Breakers Tower, which stands beside it. Also opening for the 1925 season was the Noah's Ark, a funhouse that was themed from the famous bible story "Noah's Ark." Atop what appeared to be Mt. Arrant laid an ark with animals peering out the windows. To board the attraction, guests would ascend a flight of stairs and be greeted by mechanical stunts and displays inside while the boat rocked back and forth. At about the same time, the Inlet Trail was added to the resort. This paved road connected the steamer dock on the bay side of the peninsula with the resort area. Auto trains ran on the road, which transported guests usually to the Hotel Breakers. The incredible blind and deaf Helen Keller made numerous speeches in her lifetime. One of these influential speeches was held in the Grand Pavilion. Helen Keller addressed the LIONS (Liberty, Intelligence, Our Nation's Safety) national convention of 1925 during which she spoke to the members about the problem of blindness. Due to Helen's speech, assistance of the blind has been the LIONS main charity service.